This is the privacy statement of De Vaart Yachting, having its registered office at Bolderweg 51, 8243 RD Lelystad (hereinafter referred to as De Vaart Yachting), www.devaartyachting.com
The privacy statement applies to all privacy-sensitive information or personal information that you provide to us, such as on a contact form, when you register for our newsletter, when you show interest in a product or service, or when you request a quote or purchase a product or service during an event. We attach great importance to our customers’ privacy and treat and protect this personal information with the utmost care. We process data in accordance with the conditions stated in the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG).
De Vaart Yachting is responsible within the meaning of the AVG for processing your personal information. This means that only we determine which personal data will be processed, for what purpose and in what manner. We are responsible for your personal information being adequately and carefully processed in accordance with the AVG. In this privacy statement we will explain what data we process and the purposes for which this information is used.
Overview personal information
Depending on the circumstances, we can collect personal information for the following categories:
- First name
- Telephone number (landline and/or cell)
- E-mail address
Information about our products or services:
- Products and/or services you have shown interest in or have requested a quote for
- Products and/or services you have purchased and information about ordering these products and/or services
Information to ensure that our website operates effectively:
- IP address, type, version and language of your browser
Purposes of and legal principles for processing personal information
By agreeing to this privacy statement you give your explicit permission within the meaning of Article 6 clause 1 sub 2 of the AVG for the processing of your personal information for the purposes listed below. You can withdraw this permission at any time. If you do not provide us with certain information or do not allow us to process this information, we may not be able to be of service to you.
If you have not given us explicit permission to process your personal information or if you have withdrawn this permission, the principles of Article 6 clause 1 sub b, sub c and/or sub f of the AVG may apply. In these cases, your personal information may be processed without your permission if this is necessary to perform a contract to which you are or will be a party or to represent the legal interests of De Vaart Yachting. Moreover, we may be legally obliged to process your personal information.
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To send you our newsletter
- To inform you about our participation in international and national trade fairs, in-house shows, public sailing days, etc.
- To follow up on your visit to our stands at trade fairs and our in-house shows
- To be able to send you (personalised) offers and information by phone or by e-mail
- To process and follow your orders/instructions
- To deliver goods and services to you
- To be able to phone or e-mail you if this is necessary for the provision of our services
- For the maintenance, repair or restoration of your boat
- For bookkeeping purposes
Your personal information will be saved for the period needed for the intended purpose. Information will be saved for a longer period only if this is necessary in accordance with the applicable laws, regulations or other legal standards of the European Union or a Member State of the European Union.
Transfer of information to third parties
We can share your information with third parties if that is compatible with the purposes listed above. Transferring this information may be necessary so as to perform our contract with you, to represent a legitimate interest of ours or to comply with our legal obligations. We enter into a processing contract with companies that process your information, so as to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Your information may also be transferred to any legal successors. In addition to these situations, we will provide your personal information to third parties only with your express permission.
We may use your personal information for commercial purposes, such as informing you about our services or relevant products or services from carefully selected organisations. In these cases, you will be informed only at the e-mail address that you have registered with us. If you do not wish to receive information about relevant products or services, you can easily indicate this by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ in the e-mail you have received.
We use your personal information for market research and to optimise our services. In these cases, your personal information is anonymous and not traceable to you.
Your personal information will not be sold to or shared with third parties for commercial purposes unless you give us your express permission to do so.
A cookie is a small data packet that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit our website. You can cancel these cookies by programming your web browser not to store cookies. In addition, you can also delete all previously stored information via your browser’s settings.
We use the following cookies:
- Functional cookies: these are cookies that are needed for the technical operation of our website and your convenience as a user. They ensure the correct operation of the website and they remember, for example, your preferences. We can also use them to optimise our website. These are analytical cookies that do not invade your privacy so we do not need your prior permission.
- Google Analytics: the American company Google places cookies on this website as part of their Analytics service. De Vaart Yachting uses this service to get reports about the way in which our website is used and to measure its quality and effectiveness. We use Google Analytics in the manner prescribed by the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Dutch Data Protection Authority) in order to fall under the exception in the ‘cookie regulation’, so we do not need your prior permission to use Google Analytics.
We take the protection your information seriously and we take suitable measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted publication and unauthorised changes.
Viewing, correcting or deleting
You are entitled to view, correct or delete your personal information. Moreover, you are entitled to withdraw your permission for the data to be processed or to object to the processing of your data. You are entitled to data portability if we have access to digital personal information that we process with your permission or process in order to perform a contract that we have entered into with you.
This means that you can submit a request to us to send you or to another organisation named by you a readable computer file containing the digital personal data that we store about you.
You can send a request to view, correct, delete or transmit your personal information, or a request to withdraw your permission, or an objection to the processing of your personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that you yourself have submitted this request to view information, we will ask you to submit a copy of your identity document with your request. To protect your privacy please obliterate the MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip of numbers at the bottom of the passport), your passport number and your Citizen Service Number (BSN) before sending that copy, We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, but no later than within four weeks. We would also like to inform you of the possibility of submitting a complaint to the national regulator, the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
This privacy statement is subject to change. Changes will be announced on our website.